Feb.22/96
My topic today is to talk about my trip to West Hawk Lake. My best friend Laura had her birthday in May, and in June she took me to her cabin. I spent a weekend there with her Oma and Opa, and of course Laura. It was a weekend to remember, and it was all the fun she promised it to be.
The drive there didn't seem to take that long because Laura and I talked the whole way there. Oma asked us if we'd ever run out of things to say! On the way there Laura and I were very hyper, and when we stopped to eat, we smeared Dunkaroo chocolate sauce all over our face! What a great first impression I made. Luckily, Oma did not judge me on that.
When we reached the cabin, I was amazed at the sight I saw before my eyes. They have the best cabin on the lake, and it is bigger than most regular sized homes. Once we were there we did many things. We went swimming off their dock, and I pushed Laura off the dock many times. I remember when we had a water fight, because she was spraying me with the high-powered hose. When I ran up the steps to get the other hose to fight back, I ended up with the Low-pressure hose and got soaked!
When Laura and I played croquet, she won all the time, except for once or twice when I beat her. The lawn was obviously large enough to play it on, and it is bordered by trees on all sides. One time we went miniature golfing, and on the first shot I hit the ball so hard that it made it all the way to the fence. Oma and Laura laughed their heads off at me, and from then on I didn't hit the ball as hard.
Another thing we did is go on trails into the woods and we scaled cliffs. The first trail we went on was Sunshine Mountain. Laura and I went on it by ourselves and got really freaked of possibly seeing a bear. One time as we were making it across a narrow ledge, Laura almost fell because a bush got in the way. Laura showed me what type of flower to eat, and it was good! I don't know the name of the other trail, but it was a long trail, and Oma went with us . It was really fun and we got to scale lots of high cliffs, and one time I thought I was going to fall of a cliff into the water, because we were so close to the edge. Also while on the trail, when we stopped to soak our feet in the cool, clear water, Laura rescued dragonflies and named all of them. It was really funny.
One night we decided to go to the garbage dump to try to find bears so we could watch them. We couldn't see any, so Laura and I left the car to try to see some. Oma promised to honk the horn if she saw any, and once we were at the front of the car she honked the horn, and Laura and I jumped really high off the ground. We raced back to the car, and when I tried to open the door I had trouble with it. When we finally made it into the car, Oma was laughing her head off at us. She had tricked us into thinking there was a bear there. Laura and I never did leave the car after that.
We had also done some paddle boating, and every time we went out we passed this small, but gorgeous waterfall, that passed over rocks. It was partially hidden, so every time we went there it seemed like a magical place to me. Another thing that I did there is eat twice as much as I usually ate because I wasn't used to the fresh air, and because we were always running around doing something.
Well, there is so much more to talk about, but I'm out of time, so thank you for listening.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment