TABLE OF CONTENTS
Page 1...........................................What is poetry?
Page 2-5........................................Love title page and poems
Pages 6-9.......................................Death title page and poems
Pages10-13....................................Feelings title page and poems
Pages14-17....................................Dreams title page and poems
Pages 18-20...................................Heaven title page and poem
What is Poetry?
By dictionary definition, it is the art of expressing beautiful or elevated [to raise to a higher level ] thought or feeling in verse.
My definition is different, but similar, to the dictionaries'. I think poetry is a way people reach into their subconscious and write whatever they feel like that could express how they feel inside.
The subject could be anything from death to birthday parties. The way the person writes depends on how they feel about poetry. If they are serious about it, they tend to write about more serious things, sometimes from the soul. Others who are not so serious about it write fun and sometimes hilarious things. They don't usually write from deep down, but from things that come to the top of their head.
There are many ways of writing poetry. Some like simple acrostics, while others practically do a short story. Others like to rhyme their poems, sometimes all of the poem rhymes, or every other line. Whatever way the person writes does not matter, because I believe there is no wrong way to write a poem.
Love
What Is Love?
What is Love?
Most people do not know.
Some think it's what you say,
and that everything is a show.
Love to me is fragile,
and is easily broken.
Be careful in what you do and say,
For it is a very special token.
Love can happen suddenly,
or develop over the years.
The most important part is...
that there is no mournful tears.
Love is never perfect,
and doesn't always turn out right.
Sometimes if it doesn't work out,
it may end in a bitter fight.
Love is something very special,
and should not be taken advantage of.
If you'd have to give up all you have,and did,
it'd be a true example of love.
Problems
So many say those three words,
" I love you, " to you.
Most don't know what it is,
and it isn't always true.
Too many say it today,
It has seemed to loose it's true feeling.
It can cause people to be hurt,
and takes much time to finish healing.
Some will say they love you,
to keep you from going away.
But if there is no love,
there is no reason to stay.
Love is a powerful word,
and can cause you happiness and joy.
Be sure you mean what you say,
And sometimes it's better to be shy and coy.
True Love
True love is when people fully care,
and would go anywhere just to be with you.
They don't need words to show their love,
But they do, they're always true.
They'd do anything to be by your side,
and would never leave 'till you die.
No secrets kept or empty promises made.
They'd always tell the truth, no need to lie.
This kind of love to me is a fairy tale.
If it's real I've never seen it.
If it is, I take my words back,
all of them, bit by bit.
Death
The Graveyard
When I think about death...
it scares me, why?
If life was eternal
I'd never have to die.
When I visit a graveyard,
chills go down my spine.
As I look at tombstones,
I think, " I'm glad it's not mine. "
I know that sounds shallow,
But what's worse to me,
Is visiting your family there,
that is what's scary to see.
Questions
Some people live a long life,
some will live them short.
What I always worry about is...
how mine will abort.
Many people die naturally,
some victims are killed.
My question seems to be...
" Will I die against my will? "
That's the question that haunts me,
the answer I'll never know.
My only wish is that I'm happy,
when I finally go.
The Past
One day I went for a walk,
down, down, below.
I stumbled upon a graveyard,
where I was I did not know.
The mist surrounded me,
so that I could not see.
I tripped over a headstone,
what I saw made me flee.
My name had been inscribed,
it was dated yesterday.
Then I began to wonder,
what had happened the other day.
Feelings
There are many types of feelings,
sad, anger, fear are a few.
Feelings are always there with you,
to help influence what you do.
Feelings can be hurt,
and aren't always repaired.
If you're going to be mean,
walk away somewhere.
If you're happy,
spread your joy.
It doesn't matter to who,
girl or boy.
So no matter what you do,
consider others feelings.
'Cause sometimes it takes time,
to completely finish healing.
Anger
Anger, a feeling inside.
It is always there,
when there's someone you despise.
It follows you everywhere.
It comes in a fury,
or is hidden deep down.
It never fails to show,
and always comes with a frown.
It bubbles up inside of you,
it may not last very long.
When it's hidden deep down,
it comes out as a mournful song.
It can be controlled,
most people do not want to.
But soon they'll all realize,
that the fool is really you.
Happiness
Happiness is often seen,
often between my friends and me.
We love to joke around,
for everyone to see.
Happy and hyper,
is my friends and me.
We'll never face reality,
That's the way we like to be.
My friends and me,
we're really close.
We enjoy our lives,
to the very most.
Dreams
Dream Cloud #44 - The Kidnapping
One night I had a dream,
I was kidnapped and carried far away.
I was tied and my feet were bound,
and taken to a place in disarray.
They held me for ransom,
and kept a gun to my head.
One of the men spoke up to say,
" If you move, I'll shoot you dead."
I was not very afraid,
I knew the police would come.
When their sirens finally came,
I was shot, but I only heard a hum.
Then I finally woke,
I had felt no pain.
I went back to sleep,
only to have that dream again.
Dreams
When you fall asleep,
they're something in your mind.
It's not easy to lose them,
and they can be hard to find.
Sometimes when you dream,
you dream you just died.
When you finally wake up,
you realize it's all a lie.
Dreams are realistic,
and sometimes they will scare you.
But some of them are based on,
certain things that you do.
Do not be afraid,
dreams cannot hurt you.
Don't ever try to stop them,
'cause you'll fail if you do.
Dream Cloud #99 - Skydiving
One night I dreamt I went skydiving,
I looked out of the plane to the world below.
Then I was pushed out the plane,
and did many flips; I put on a show.
As I went to pull out my parachute,
there was none, so I said," Where is one?"
As I searched my pack, I only found gum.
I chewed the pack for a 'chute of bubblegum.
I hit the ground with a thud,
and of course, in the mud.
That's when I woke up...
and thought, " What a dud."
Heaven
My soul and I, we floated high,
up, up, into the sky.
I went through Heavens' gates,
and stopped while the angels said " Hi!"
First I saw my grandpa,
did he ever look great!
I told him I had died and come,
and he told me, " That's fate. "
Then my puppy Mitzie,
came running up to me.
Tears flowed down from my eyes,
so many that I could not see.
I sat down beside her and we talked,
did she ever have lots to tell.
'Cause in Heaven dogs can talk,
unlike down in hell.
Then God came and welcomed me.
He said, " You're home.
I hope that you will like it,
it's much better than Italy or Rome.
We walked around Heaven,
it seemed like such a peaceful place.
The beautiful music that was played,
put a look of pure bliss unto my face.
I stopped to talk to people I knew,
I had so much fun it was hard to go.
But God had to talk to me,
to tell me something I didn't know.
You can watch over your family,
even save them from dying.
You can only save them once,
and please, lets have no lying.
Since I was new in Heaven,
I was allowed to leave every day.
I'd go to visit my family,
only to find things in disarray.
They weren't ready to lose me,
I had only lived thirteen years.
My mom kept saying I was too young,
between all of her mournful tears.
They had thought that I had drowned,
and so did I, but God told me so.
" You are not dead yet, but have been saved,
you're only on a visit, so now you may go."
Then I floated back through Heavens' gates,
into the hospital where my body was.
They were about to pull the plug on my life,
and that's when I woke. Why? Just 'cause.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment