Monday, September 1, 2008

The person that I idolize the most is.....

The person that I idolize the most is..... By Kacey

The person that I idolize is my cousin Chantel Jaquet. Chantel and I are very close because whenever I have a personal question that needs to be answered, I know that I can trust her to keep it a secret. She does not keep anything from me, and I know that she always tells me the straight - out truth. Whether the topic is drugs or boyfriends, she always has some advice for me.

Chantel has not had a really easy life, and like everyone of us, she has been hurt. When I grow up to be her age, I want to be just like her. I want to be the person who is looked up to by others, and loved very much. I want to be independent like her, and proud of who I am.

Most of all I want to be patient and loving like her. Chantel has helped me get through a lot of things, and has been that shoulder to cry on. I know if I need someone to talk to at four o' clock in the morning, I can wake her up and she won't complain once.

There has never been a time that she is too busy for me, even though she has an extremely hectic schedule.

Besides having talking to her over the phone, Chantel and I go places together. We've gone out for tea, shopping all day, movies, and just hung out at her place. Chantel is one of my most favorite cousins, and another reason why is that she gives me tons of clothes all year round. I really love this because she has great taste, and all the clothes that she gives me always fits.

I don't know what I would do without having my cousin here to talk with me. I think that I would be totally lost and clueless about many things that are happening in this strange world we live in that we call home.

One thing that is really important is that she is like a parental role model and a friend all at once. When I know that I have done something wrong, I go to confess to her rather than to my own mother. I know that she will keep it between us, and not rat on me to my mom. She will not yell at me like my mom would, but she lets me know that she is disappointed in me. It really makes the difference because I hate to disappoint her, so I try to correct my wrongs.

Chantel is great to have around, and my mom loves having her talking to me about things that I would not go up to her and ask. [ There are just some things that teenagers don't want to talk to parents about. ] I wish and hope that all families have someone like Chantel to help the kids get through life as a teenager.

No comments: